You’ve signed up for Shopify, built your store, and now you want to generate traffic and increase sales. One of the best ways to attract qualified visitors to your website is by using Google AdWords. AdWords allows your online store to show up on Google when people search for your products.
Shopify has partnered with Google to provide all new shops with $100 in Google Adwords credits. This means you can test out AdWords risk-free to see if it works for your business.
How to Sign Up
- Sign in to Shopify and find your AdWords coupon code under the Promotions tab. Copy the coupon code.
- Click the AdWords link to sign up and verify your email address.
- After your email address is verified, create your first campaign. Here are some tips:
Where to Start
- Start with a small budget like $10-$20 per day.
- Focus on one or two products or collections in your store.
- Don't use advanced options just yet.
- Create a text ad. They are the easiest to create and test.
- Use action words in your description. Words that you think potential customers would click on, like "Save 50% off retail. Buy today!"
- Make sure the "Destination URL" brings you to the product or collection you are advertising, not just your store homepage.
- Enter lots of keywords that potential customers would search for. If you sell widgets, enter "Widget", "Blue Widget", "Buy Widget", "Cheap Widgets", and so on.
- Finally enter your billing information. Remember to enter the Promotion Code that Shopify provided so that you get $100 in credit and can test out AdWords risk free.